Table of contents:
Preparing for electrolysis
Electrolysis hair removal is not a walk in the park, but more like mountain trekking. So some preparation before your session is important for an efficient session.
General preparation electrolysis hair removal
- Please arrive on time so we can get started as soon as possible.
- Make sure you eat before arriving.
- No shaving at least 3 days prior to treatment. We need to be able to grab the hair with a tweezer, the hair should be minimum 2-3mm long.
- No epilation with a tweezer nor waxing 3 months prior to your electrolysis session.
- Hydrate your skin—for better conductivity of the electricity and a more effective electrolysis session, daily exfoliation and application of very moisturizing cream are recommended.
- Avoid sun exposure the week preceding your electrolysis (or use blocking sunscreen)
- On the day of your electrolysis, your skin should be clean: no make-up or ointments.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Try to come with a relaxed state of mind. Being relaxed has been proven to significantly reduce pain. You can bring some music that relaxes you.
- Because the electrolysis calendar is quite busy, it is recommended to already book your follow-up session for 6 weeks later whenever you can.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below!