CBCT scan for PEEK implants
Table of contents:
What are the specifications for the CT scan we need?
How should the radiologist share the images with you?
- Make an appointment to request a CT scan of the skull, preferably a CBCT scan. During CBCT (Cone Beam CT) scans you are exposed to less radiation. The scan needs to be made at a general hospital in your home country. Not at a dentist or at a private practice, because very often the capacity of those scanners is not big enough.
- Please ask for a scan of the part of your skull where the implants will be placed.
- Download the protocol form and take it with you to your appointment, it tells your radiologist what we need: Protocol CT scan PEEK implants. Give it to your radiologist before they take your scan.
- Avinent needs to receive the CT scan at least six weeks before your operation date.
- Send an email to Avinent at email@example.com with the link to the digital file of the scan (DICOM) with firstname.lastname@example.org in cc.
- If you only have a physical CD-rom copy and don’t know how to digitalise it you can send the CD-rom by mail to:
- Avinent Implant System
Digital Health Department,
Pol. Ind. Santa Anna I
Ctra. Navarcles, 107
08251 Santpedor (Barcelona)
Phone: +34 902383848
FAO: Armanda Marques
- Avinent Implant System
Make sure you have your CT-scan appointment at least 8 weeks before your operation date and make sure to ask your radiologist to share the images with you digitally.
What is the cost estimate?
The cost of a CBCT scan is about 300 euros.
What happens next? How long before the implants will be created?
To answer this question correctly, we will describe our workflow step by step:
- Once Avinent receives the DICOM data, e.g. the digital scan of your skull, a design wille be made.
- Avinent will send the design to Dr Bart van de Ven for approval.
- If he approves, he will send it to you to see whether you also agree with the design.
- If you approve, please send an email to Avinent: email@example.com (with firstname.lastname@example.org in CC).
- When Avinent receives approval, it will take about two days to produce the implants and send them to us.
We cannot determine how long this process will take, because it depends entirely on the efficiency of all of our communication.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below!