Your stay with us
Table of contents:
Your FFS operation will take place on Tuesday or on Thursday.
- In case your FFS is on Tuesday, you will arrive at our clinic on Monday, around noon.
- In case your FFS is on Thursday, you will arrive at our clinic on Wednesday, around noon.
Most FFS-patients stay at the guesthouse of our clinic for an entire week so they can recover in a safe and peaceful environment.
The day before your operation
Welcome! We will be expecting you at 2pass Clinic one day before your facial feminization surgery, around noon. You can reach 2pass Clinic quite easily!
Our patient coordinator will welcome you, give you the tour of our guesthouse, and accompany you to your room. This will give you the chance to settle into your new home for the next few days. You can have a chat with the other patients, meet our permanent resident Petra, and relax and unwind.
Around 12h00 you will have your preoperative consult with Dr Bart van de Ven. Please note that this consultation is medico-legally obliged. You can talk about your procedures one more time, preoperative pictures will be taken, some administrative documents will have to be filled in and you will receive your postoperative medication and icepacks.
In case you need a CT-scan of the neck because you’re getting a tracheal shave, this will take place on the same day. Instructions will follow.
Make sure at least one fingernail or toenail is polish-free for surgery the next day. This is necessary to measure your oxygen saturation levels correctly.
- On the day of your surgery, you will need to be sober for at least 8 hours before the surgery takes place. So no food, no liquids (not even water).
- If you wear contact lenses, please take them out before your surgery. You might not be able to use them for a while after the surgery due to swelling.
- When the time of your surgery has arrived, your patient coordinator or one of the FFS nurses will accompany you to the operating room.
- You will have an overnight stay in the hospital.
The rest of your stay in the Guesthouse
The first morning after your operation the morning nurse will shower in the morning and take care of the bandages. Dr Bart van de Ven will visit you before twelve.
Your final day at 2pass Clinic
Goodbye and final control with the doctor
- In case your FFS is on Tuesday, you will arrive at our clinic on Monday, and leave the following Monday
- In case your FFS is on Thursday, you will arrive at our clinic on Wednesday, and leave the following Wednesday
You will have your final check-up with Dr Bart van de Ven in his consultation room at 2pass Clinic around noon. Pictures for the medical record will be taken. And as most stitches are self-dissolvable, you will now be ready to return home!
Evaluation after 4 months
After 4 months, you will have a postop control with the doctor in Antwerp, or the city you have chosen. We’ll discuss your recovery, take a look at the results, and discuss whether there still is something we could do for you.
This is how other patients reflected upon their stay at 2pass Clinic during their 4 months check-up:
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below!