Deze pagina is binnenkort beschikbaar in het Nederlands.
At the moment we are still in practice mode, gaining speed. For this reason we perform the transplantations free of charge. The only thing you have to donate is your time and patience. We can guarantee only 300 hairs per day at the moment. As you need about 50 hairs per square cm, this gives you an idea of the area we could cover for you per day.
At 2pass Clinic, we use the no-shave FUE technique for hair transplantation. This is the removal of the hair in its long form in which there is no need for the patient to shave any part of the head prior to the procedure. It is also called “unshaven FUE”, “non-shaven FUE”, “U-FUE (or Undetectable FUE)” or long hair FUE.
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Excision. Follicles are extracted, one-by-one, from the donor area and implanted in the area that is lacking hair. This is the name for the technique of harvesting grafts that has become the most popular and advanced type of hair transplant technique in the last 15 years. It individually isolates each follicular unit and uses a sharp metal tube to pass through the skin surface, extracting the hair. This hair is collected and used to transplant into the area of skin that is bald or showing signs of hair loss.
This has the double advantage of not having to shave and not having a linear scar on the back of the head. The disadvantage is a considerable time investment.
Procedure no-shave FUE
1 Hairline design & creation
We design the hairline in consultation with the patient. Particular attention is paid on the creation of a natural female hairline. By taking into consideration the rules of the facial proportions and the existing physiognomy of the patient, we mark and design the recipient area. The hairline doesn't follow any linear model but gives the sense of being asymmetrical and incidental.
2 Extracting of the hair
Preparation donor area
- We mark the boundaries of the donor area that will be used.
- FUE is a virtually painless procedure. The patient is administered conscious sedation, a combination of medicines to help the patient feel no pain and also to remain calm and relaxed during the long-lasting procedure.
- After administering conscious sedation, the area where the hair will be removed will be numbed it with a local anaesthetic.
- We don't shave the hair. We use a special machine to take long hair grafts without shaving.
Extraction of the hairs
This is the most demanding stage of the procedure since the proper removal of the follicular units will define the result.
- We use a hair transplant machine with a very thin hollow bur of under 1mm in diameter to extract hair follicles. This means that it is not very invasive and that it will leave minimal to no scarring. The only thing that can be detected is white dots, but since the hair will cover them, they will be close to unnoticeable.
- With a surgical punch of 0.7mm – 0.8mm diameter, the hairs are extracted one by one.
- Due to the particular way of follicular unit harvesting (hair by hair), the FUE procedure lasts many hours. If more grafts are needed than can be harvested in one day, the procedure can be spread over multiple days. You can book a stay in our guesthouse if you wish, or return home after the procedure.
3 Creation of recipient incisions
- Local anaesthesia is injected in the area where the hairs will be transplanted.
- Little holes are created to “plant” the freshly harvested hairs. Specific standards are followed regarding their distribution, size & direction. In order to mimic the natural hair growth and ensure maximum density, the recipient sites should be as small as possible & closely situated.
4 Finally: planting the new hairs
- The follicular units are placed at the proper angle and direction, as the we take into consideration the growth conditions of the recipient area.
- Single follicular units create a natural and refined hairline.
- 2-hair follicular units are placed exactly behind the single follicular units and 3-hair and 4-hair follicular units are placed in the central area of the scalp, as well as the crown.
- The placement of the follicular units is performed through specialized implanters, which perfectly fit the size & shape of each follicular unit in order to protect it from traumatism.
5 Postoperative examination | 24h care
At the end of the procedure, we examine the donor and the recipient area. We will then provide you with all the necessary postoperative instructions before you return home. The next day, your hair will be washed for the first time at our clinic.
We doen ons uiterste best om deze informatie up-to-date te houden. Mocht u iets zien wat niet meer klopt, of heeft u een vraag, vul dan het onderstaande formulier in!