Diese Seite wird in Kürze auf Deutsch verfügbar sein.
At 2pass Clinic, we use the no-shave FUE technique for hair transplantation. This is the removal of the hair in its long form in which there is no need for the patient to shave any part of the head prior to the procedure. It is also called “unshaven FUE”, “non-shaven FUE”, “U-FUE (or Undetectable FUE)” or long hair FUE.
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Excision. Follicles are extracted, one-by-one, from the donor area and implanted in the area that is lacking hair. This is the name for the technique of harvesting grafts that has become the most popular and advanced type of hair transplant technique in the last 15 years. It individually isolates each follicular unit and uses a sharp metal tube to pass through the skin surface, extracting the hair. This hair is collected and used to transplant into the area of skin that is bald or showing signs of hair loss.
This has the double advantage of not having to shave and not having a linear scar on the back of the head. The disadvantage is a considerable time investment.
Procedure no-shave FUE
1 Hairline design & creation
We design the hairline in consultation with the patient. Particular attention is paid on the creation of a natural female hairline. By taking into consideration the rules of the facial proportions and the existing physiognomy of the patient, we mark and design the recipient area. The hairline doesn't follow any linear model but gives the sense of being asymmetrical and incidental.
2 Extracting of the hair
Preparation donor area
- We mark the boundaries of the donor area that will be used.
- FUE is a virtually painless procedure. The patient is administered conscious sedation, a combination of medicines to help the patient feel no pain and also to remain calm and relaxed during the long-lasting procedure.
- After administering conscious sedation, the area where the hair will be removed will be numbed it with a local anaesthetic.
- We don't shave the hair. We use a special machine to take long hair grafts without shaving.
Extraction of the hairs
This is the most demanding stage of the procedure since the proper removal of the follicular units will define the result.
- We use a hair transplant machine with a very thin hollow bur of under 1mm in diameter to extract hair follicles. This means that it is not very invasive and that it will leave minimal to no scarring. The only thing that can be detected is white dots, but since the hair will cover them, they will be close to unnoticeable.
- With a surgical punch of 0.7mm – 0.8mm diameter, the hairs are extracted one by one.
- Due to the particular way of follicular unit harvesting (hair by hair), the FUE procedure lasts many hours. If more grafts are needed than can be harvested in one day, the procedure can be spread over multiple days. You can book a stay in our guesthouse if you wish, or return home after the procedure.
3 Creation of recipient incisions
- Local anaesthesia is injected in the area where the hairs will be transplanted.
- Little holes are created to “plant” the freshly harvested hairs. Specific standards are followed regarding their distribution, size & direction. In order to mimic the natural hair growth and ensure maximum density, the recipient sites should be as small as possible & closely situated.
4 Finally: planting the new hairs
- The follicular units are placed at the proper angle and direction, as the we take into consideration the growth conditions of the recipient area.
- Single follicular units create a natural and refined hairline.
- 2-hair follicular units are placed exactly behind the single follicular units and 3-hair and 4-hair follicular units are placed in the central area of the scalp, as well as the crown.
- The placement of the follicular units is performed through specialized implanters, which perfectly fit the size & shape of each follicular unit in order to protect it from traumatism.
5 Aftercare instructions
At the end of the procedure, we examine the donor and the recipient area. We will then provide you with all the necessary postoperative instructions before you return home.
Frequently asked questions
Hair transplant before or after FFS?
We advise having your hair transplants after your FFS. There's a couple of reasons for that. The first is that the incision on your scalp disrupts the blood flow and can cause you to lose hair around the incision. Usually, it's temporary but sometimes it's not. Future transplants can cover this area. The other reason is that the hair transplant can be used to hide any scar tissue.
Is it necessary to shave my hair before hair transplant?
In our practice not. We use the No-Shave FUE method. This offers the possibility of a hair transplant without anyone ever knowing that you had one.
Will my hair regrow if I start using hormones?
There is a reversal of male pattern baldness in transgender women starting with hormone treatment to a degree dependent on age and likely other factors. Hormone therapy for male-to-female transgender patients with estrogen and spironolactone can not only reduce male-pattern hair distribution but can also reverse previous effects of androgen on scalp hair patterns.
The mechanism responsible for achieving hair regrowth in transgender women is the suppression of testosterone to normal female levels.
Androgenetic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness, is a process by which hair loss from the scalp occurs in a progressive, predictable pattern. Recent research has proposed that it is a result of the presence of sufficient androgen in a person with genetic predisposition. Without therapeutic intervention, hair loss will become more severe over time.
Will the long hair fall out after the hair transplant or stay the same length?
We cut the long hair before reimplanting it. This hair also falls out after 2 weeks. It will start to regrow 3 to 6 months after hair the transplant.
How long does it take for you to be able to dye the hair after surgery?
About 4 weeks after the hair transplant surgery you can dye your hair again.
What would be recovery time for this. When would I be able to brush my new hair?
After about 2 weeks the newly transplanted hairs will fall out. New hair will start growing after about 3 months until about 12 months after your hair transplant. En of course, if you have long hair, the new hairs will need a while to catch up.
How long do you recommend I leave between ffs surgery and a hair transplant?
We advise waiting 6 months after your FFS to have hair transplants.
I'm a cis-gender women, can I also have a no-shave hair transplant or is it only for trans women?
Cis-gender women are more than welcome as well:)
Can a No shave FUE be performed the day before or after intensive electrolysis?
This is perfectly possible. You should look op availability in the calendar of electrolysis and hair transplant to find a good match.
What is a PRP treatment for hair loss?
Hair thinning or hair loss is caused by poor blood circulation or by a shortage of certain essential nutrients. If you are considering a hair transplant, it can help to prepare the scalp by having PRP treatments done. It improves blood flow, making it easier for the grafts to attach themselves to their new location and for the scalp to recover. In addition, PRP treatments after hair transplant surgery ensure that the grafts develop better and that hair follicles become stronger, ultimately resulting in a thicker head of hair. If you want to topple hair loss using a preventative approach, the treatment course usually does not create new hair growth, but makes the hair healthier and fuller. The natural hair growth process is also boosted, as the blood flow to the hair follicles is stimulated. PRP treatment courses for hair loss are therefore often successfully used as a preventive measure in the case of androgenetic alopecia.
Wir tun unser Bestes, um diese Informationen auf dem neuesten Stand zu halten. Wenn Sie etwas sehen, das nicht mehr korrekt erscheint, oder wenn Sie eine Frage haben, füllen Sie bitte das untenstehende Formular aus!